Tandem Diabetes Care® Announces Expanded Pediatric Indication of t:slim® Insulin Pump for Ages 6 and Older
"The t:slim Pump has the look and feel of a modern consumer device,
which we believe makes it especially well-suited for school-aged
children who have grown up in a world of smartphones and tablets," said
The t:slim Pump consistently ranks #1 by pump users in independent patient surveys1. The streamlined, user-friendly interface provides rapid access to the features people use most, eliminating the need for excessive scrolling and button pressing.
Some of the features of the t:slim Pump that stand out most to parents and younger users include:
- Small Size - The t:slim Pump is smaller than other durable pumps making it easy to wear, yet holds up to 300 units of insulin so it can keep up with a child's changing insulin needs.
- Durability - The t:slim Pump is made of aluminum, which is extremely durable and light, and the touchscreen is made of high-grade, shatter-resistant glass. The pump is also watertight, so you don't have to worry about accidental dunks and splashes.2
- Feature Lock - A feature lock can be used for young children not yet ready to operate the pump on their own. When activated, it can be used to prevent young users from being able to deliver a bolus or change any pump settings.
- Insulin on Board (IOB) Calculations - The t:slim Pump tracks the amount of insulin that is still active in the body from previous boluses and uses this information to calculate future boluses. This helps prevent "stacking" insulin doses which can cause low blood sugar (hypoglycemia).
- Personal Profiles - Up to six personal profiles can be created with unique names to cover a wide variety of situations, including school days, sleepovers, weekends or sport practice.
- Missed Meal Bolus Reminder - This reminder can be set up to watch for boluses at specific times of day, and trigger a reminder if no bolus is delivered. This is especially helpful for children who may forget to bolus when they are away from home, such as during school lunch periods.
- Site Reminder - This reminder is a programmable setting that reminds the user when it is time to change their infusion set. A specific time and date can be set for the reminder, which can be very useful for busy families on the go.
For more information about the t:slim Pump, or to find out about
insurance coverage options, please call 877-801-6901, Monday - Friday,
t:slim, t:flex, and
Forward Looking Statement
This press release contains "forward-looking statements" within the meaning of Section 27A of the Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and Section 21E of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, that concern matters that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those anticipated or projected in the forward-looking statements. These forward-looking statements relate to, among other things, our belief that the t:slim Insulin Pump is well-suited for school-aged children and that younger members of the diabetes community and their parents can benefit from our technology. These statements are subject to numerous risks and uncertainties, including the ability of younger children and their parents to understand the features made available by t:slim and the potential impact of those features on diabetes treatment decisions, and their ability to operate t:slim in accordance with applicable operating instructions, as well as other risks identified in Tandem's most recent Annual Report on Form 10-K and Quarterly Report on Form 10-Q, and other documents that Tandem files with the
2 IPX7 rating, tested to 3 feet of water for 30 minutes.
News Provided by Acquire Media